On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Matthew Rocklin <mrock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like Comer's master branch doesn't match sympy's master branch
> (I.e. I think he has added some commits to his master.)  What is the best
> way for him to correct this?

>From what I can see https://github.com/comer/sympy/commits/master ,
Comer's master is behind SymPy's master, but it doesn't diverge.  In
this case one of the proper ways to go would be to update the master
branch and then rebase test1 on top of the new master:

# Update master
git checkout master
git pull <SymPy remote name> master

# Rebase test1
git rebase -i master test1

# Update both branches on GitHub
git push <your own remote name> master test1

It should be possible to find out the exact names of <SymPy remote
name> and <your own remote name> by running git remote show.

Sergiu

P.S. I'm providing skeleton overviews; don't hesitate to ask
questions.  I hope I'll have the knowledge to answer them :-)