Hi Sergiu,

I am trying to use your suggested steps.  Here is what I am experiencing:

[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git checkout master
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 10 commits.
[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git remote show
github
origin
[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% man git-remote
[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% pwd
/Users/comerduncan/sympy
[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git checkout master
Already on 'master'
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 10 commits.
[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git pull github master
>From github.com:comer/sympy
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.
[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git branch
* master
  test1
[homelap-3:~/sympy] comerduncan% git rebase -i master test1
error: could not apply d5da8bd... fixed indention problems with matrices.py
and content problems with test_matrices.py both having to do with addition
of dual_matrix method
hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
hint: with 'git add <paths>' and run 'git rebase --continue'
Could not apply d5da8bd... fixed indention problems with matrices.py and
content problems with test_matrices.py both having to do with addition of
dual_matrix method

I got an editor window which I saved and then exited from the editor
(TextWrangler).  I do not know the value of <paths> so can not do the git
add <paths> step.

Comer