On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:45:40 PM UTC+1, Aaron Meurer wrote:

> Supposedly people donate into it and it is distributed to the contributors.

I don't think they are collecting donations. I don't know exactly how their
mechanism works, but I can suppose that some people created the primecoin
virtual currency out of nothing, which is currently being exchanged for
real currency in some way, so they did effectively "create" money. At this
point, they may be willing to advertise their currency in hope to increase
its exchange rate versus real currencies, and maybe their trying to do so
by donating small amounts to github developers.

Anyways, that's just a guessing, I have no evidence about it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/b5fccd2b-b705-4e1b-af18-601de4267f3e%40googlegroups.com.