Hi,
I am a computer science student at IIIT, Hyderabad. I have an interest in
maths. I like the sympy library and would like to contribute.
My intention is to contribute regularly for a long period of time, atleast
for now. My motivation for doing this is to learn software development in a
large codebase with many collaborators. And learn math along the way.

>From the github page, the impression I get is that while most PRs get a
constructive response, some do go unnoticed. Is there something I can do to
increase my chances of a positive response?

I have opened my first PR here <https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/15479>
for this <https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/15448> issue. I put an
effort to adhere to the guidelines posted. However, I might have made a
mistake in the following regard:
On the issues page, some people had commented that they were working on it.
I found the issue suitable for me and made a PR ignoring those. Is that
acceptable?
And I didn't leave any comment on the issues page because I found the issue
self-explanatory. Is that okay or should I have engaged in a discussion
before starting work.

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/430aed51-0f5b-49b1-8bb7-953aae6b3aae%40googlegroups.com.