My name is Jonathan Warner and I am a student at the University of Utah
double-majoring in Computer Engineering and Applied Mathematics. I am
currently a junior with 5+ years of programming experience. Most of this
was not done in Python, but I have used Python enough to get by with a good
editor, documentation, and stack overflow. I am familiar with computer
architecture and algorithms, and I love to learn new things. My areas of
interest are broad, including complexity theory, number theory, numerical
computation, cryptography, hardware verification, physics, etc. I am really
pretty familiar with a lot of math, particularly number theory. I believe
the key to coming up with new ideas is to combine existing knowledge in a
new way, so I like to read about lots of different inter-related things. As
far as familiarity with computer algebra, I have used Mathematica (the
Wolfram Language) a fair bit. Part of why I wanted to look into SymPy is
because I was tired of having to deal with computation timeouts and
internet requirement in the Wolfram Cloud. I am fairly new to SymPy, but I
would like to contribute to the project, learning it one piece at a time. I
hope I can use my intellect to help the project move forward and also learn
some new things.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/3a60dc4c-6659-41bd-864e-63756b6eaf13%40googlegroups.com.