Some of my thoughts...

Speed: Yes, painful at times, sometimes sthinko painful that I can only 
review a few feeds.

Community: The "core" that seems to be around alot is great, and very 
helpful. Everyone seems to respect others opinions even if they don't 
agree. Very unique.

Wiki: I think a wiki would be great.

Rewards: Funny, I didn't show up for a reward...but a coffee cup would 
be nice! Hee...anyhow, I came to learn and share. I think so far I have 
done both. The reward is knowing that you are doing something wothwhile. 
A solid mission is one way of defining that, perhaps we could work on 
clarifying or expanding what the goal and mission of syndic8 is?

Catagories: Catagories could be one way of helping clarify the mission 
of syndic8. I have seen alot of discussion about ad blogs and such, RSS 
catalogs that are syndica8'ed and so on. Perhaps broad catagories should 
be developed. I know not everything will ever fit neatly in a single 
catagory and they (catagories) may even violate the mission. As the 
number of feeds has grown I only suggest this as one way to break areas 
down and perhaps have reviewers only review feeds in catagories they are 
comfortable with. You could have a general reviewer assign catagories. 
Ack! More levels and more work....

UI: I have no real issues with the UI, it could perhaps be improved but 
I manage...I do wish reviewers could fix bad URLS like the ones so 
common with hosts like livejournal.com (maybe thats something editors do?)

...just a couple thoughts, I'm sure I'll find time to ramble more later...

Lance


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to