I'm not so sure that Devers could mimic Andre.
He was a long-legged type.  She's a short-legged power sprinter.  In fact,
she's the type I'd pick to set records at Indoor 50 and 60 meter distances.
Thus her 100m sprint victory at Barcelona.
That usually doesn't translate well to 400H.
Jackie Joyner-Kersee was more the right body type.
Devers has never even shown exceptional prowess at 200m, so how the heck is
she gonna run a 400H ?

By the way, the 'hurdles are lower' argument is a red herring.  The hurdles in
the women's 100H are so ridiculously low, that people like Devers can
basically blast a 100m dash with just a slight leg movement to avoid tripping.
So, by citing that the 400H hurdles are even SHORTER doesn't really mean very
much.

RT