> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:59:58 -0400
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: t-and-f: women's AOY
>
> If Radcliffe runs close to sub-30:00 in München and breaks 2:20 again in
> Chicago she's gotta be AOY, unless Devers breaks the WR.>>

Hmm... Radcliffe has trouble getting much credence from me for a fast 10K in
Munich (even if she wins it) simply becuase it won't have any Africans;
won't do anything to stamp her as world No. 1 (even if she ranks as that) in
my eyes. Devers is beating up on the world's best week after week and not
losing. Radcliffe is once in a while beating some of the world's
mediocrities and sometimes losing. (in my own personal universe, going
undefeated against major competition outweighs a WR any day of the week)

gh

(see, even T&FN guys can argue internally!)