On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, but it's really just an enhanced bike lane - a path for bikes that
> closely follows the road. To me, the "follows the road" is the crucial
> distinction, so it's a kind of cycleway=lane, possibly with another tag.

I disagree; cycleway=track and cycleway=lane both follow the road - if
they did not, I really think the cycleway should be drawn in
separately. To me, the crucial distinction is whether there is any
kind of 'barrier' between cycleway and the rest of the road. If there
is no barrier (but only stripes, colour difference or such), I use
cycleway=lane. If there is some (like a bump or a height difference,
such as here), I use cycleway=track. If the barrier has considerable
width (more than half a meter or so), I prefer to draw the cycleway
separately.

--
André Engels, andreeng...@gmail.com