On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Richard Mann <
richard.mann.westoxf...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I wasn't aware of any distinction between cycleway=track and
> highway=cycleway, other than that the first doesn't render (yet) and the
> second renders badly.

There is officially not one, but:
1) highway=cycleway is by definition used away from roads
2) cycleway=track is by definition used on ways that are also roads (or
possibly something else) - it is redundant if highway=cycleway
3) therefore, it is highly likely that people are/will use them to mean two
different things.

Given this, it would be fair to say that the "meaning" of cycleway=track is
a two-way copenhagen-style bike lane.

Steve