On 08/12/2009, at 21.44, Richard Mann wrote:

> Could you point us to an example, please?

I assume you mean an example of how OSMArender renders cycleway=track?
I found an example [0] where you can see a cycleway=track in the north
part of the tile; the road turns in the SW direction, and for some
reason the cycleway has been mapped as "highway=cycleway" on that part
(I go there often and there is no fundemental physical difference of
the bikepath.) The highway=cycleway way wonders back & forth like a
DUI driver, but it is indeed at a constant distance from the center of
the main road :-)

Cheers, Morten

[0] http://osm.org/go/0H9xGkqbE-?layers=0B00FTF