At 2010-05-05 08:55, Pieren wrote:
>...Let say that 99.99% of the unclassified and residential roads can be
>walked on both sides, why should we draw the sidewalks everywhere ? It
>would be more clever to tag where sidewalks are missing or not allowed,
>imo. Say where things are missing, not where they are obviously
>authorized. Or you add "oneway=no" to all roads as well ?

+1. Micromapping may be "on the rise", but that doesn't mean it's
necessarily a good thing. I'd still like to see a means of specifying, on
administrative boundaries, tags that are to be assumed (inherited) by
contained objects (e.g. sidewalk=yes, surface=paved, lanes=2, maxspeed=25
mph, etc.). I currently don't tag these, but it would be useful to visitors
to know them.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>