> On Monday 09 October 2017, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> >
> > The wiki says (undisputed and since version1 in 1/2008): "A runway is
> > a strip of land on an airport, on which aircraft can take off and
> > land.". Under this definition, you could at most map those airstrips
> > as runways that are _on an airport_ (if these exist). Note that it
> > says "airport", not "aerodrome".
>
> I am talking about the established use of the tag, not what is written
> on the wiki.

Yes, I had noticed this reference to "practial use", but wasn't convinced
at first glance. Can you explain how you decide between something mapped
that isn't and never has been consistent with our longstanding tag
definition in the wiki, to be "wrong" and at which point it becomes
"established use"? Could those things mapped as "runways" that are neither
on airports (as required by the definition) nor are they actual runways in
the meaning of the word, could those eventually be seen as "wrong" even if
this happens to occur frequently (e.g. because of "tagging for the
renderer" or from misinterpreting editor presets)?

Cheers,
Martin