On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 08:42, Tobias Zwick <o...@westnordost.de> wrote:
> What do you think?

Hello,

In my experience in Canada I would indeed expect all (or basically
all) highway=residential to be (legally) accessible to pedestrians,
the question would be more about comfort or safety. I don't know if
tagging foot=yes is right tag to indicate "would you walk on this
road", though I'm struggling to come up with a better alternative at
the moment.

Are there any locations where a sizeable proportion of
highway=residential is not actually legally accessible to pedestrians?
Certainly there'll be exceptions, but around here it's signed
explicitly and done for reasons like heavy machinery operating along
the road or only connecting to a motorway.

How about only setting foot=no when the user specifies that this bit
of highway=residential + sidewalk=no is _not_ accessible to
pedestrians, and leaving the positive answer blank untagged? Though I
guess that doesn't work for removing the way from StreetComplete's
questions.

--Jarek