Legally and practically, all roads are open to pedestrians unless there is
a specific prohibition. Walking is considered a basic right, and
practically it is difficult to stop people from walking anywhere.

Motorways are the only exception in most countries.

In rural parts of the USA even motorways are often legally accessible to
bicycles and in foot; eg Interstate 8 east of San Diego, and both
interstate freeways in Oregon (except in the city of Portland and in
Medford) allow people on bicycles and on foot