On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 07:52, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That's a challenging one, but it's possible to use a lifecycle prefix
> like proposed:aeroway=aerodrome or abandoned=yes?
>
> If 2 prefixes can be added, you could use
> abandoned:proposed:aeroway=aerodrome

To my mind there is a problem with applying lifecycle prefixes to physical
objects: they vanish
from the map (standard carto).  It's great for cases like a pub that has
closed but there's a
possibility of it being bought and re-opened: disused:amenity=pub.  Not so
good for
abandoned buildings: abandoned:building=yes because something that is
clearly present
on the ground (with broken windows and other damage) vanishes from the
map.  Which is
why, for physical objects, I end up using abandoned=yes and disused=yes.

Maybe the renderer should treat lifecycle prefixes on physical objects
differently.  Or the wiki
should be amended to state that disused=yes is valid and preferred to a
lifecycle prefix on
physical objects.  Or something.

--
Paul