sent from a phone

> On 12. May 2019, at 21:27, Nick Bolten <nbol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's easy to sympathize: we've got a tag about a *crossing* specifying
> *traffic* signals, but not the exact kind of traffic (pedestrians are also
> referred to as traffic) nor signal type aside from it being lights.

I never had any doubts that the signals would be controlling all traffic that
meets at the crossing, including pedestrians. Actually I’ve seen the node with
crossing=traffic_signals as the traffic lights for the pedestrians. The traffic
lights for the “cars” can either be explicitly mapped or be implicit. If you
see need to state this explicitly, you can do it, I would not expect any
complaints about such an edit.

For signal types I suggest to use a subtag, while it may be interesting to some
people, it isn’t adding significant information for many other use cases.

Cheers, Martin