On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 12:39 AM Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>
wrote:

> There are many reasons why someone could be disappointed by this mailing
> list, or by tagging discussions in general, and decide to stop
> participating.

The way you write it above, however, sounds like you're assigning blame,
> in precisely the disparaging way that Andy has pointed to in his other
> message - you seem to be saying "I'm done with this lot, I don't like
> the people here".

It would be helpful if people could refrain from making general
> hand-wavy statements about mailing lists somehow being unworthy of their
> time.

Hey Frederik,

I have no issue with discussion on the mailing list being a challenging
process of refining proposals and ideas. I agree that the interests of
tagging development necessitate this (although I do think analysis
paralysis is very much an issue). It's just the same as any open source
development, ideas are out there for all to see and criticism is expected
and welcomed.

That's what I'm here for though, not multiple threads in a single day full
of thinly veiled personal attacks and projection. It does make me want to
unsubscribe from the mailing list and I simply intended to share my
experience in support of the points Nick had made about the atmosphere
driving users away.

Your final paragraph is interesting to me, it suggests that change isn't
possible in the vein of "if tagging discussion isn't for you, go somewhere
else". I don't believe that's quite what you intended to say, but I've
slept on it now and that's actually what I'm going to do anyway. See you
guys in the changesets! 😄