On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 02:28:45AM +0200, Tobias Zwick wrote:

> 1. Thesis: Mailing lists (and to a lesser degree, classical forums) promote a
> culture of dissent.

I strongly disagree here. How can a technical form of communication
make a "culture of dissent"?

Can you elaborate why you think Mail as a form of communication
is different in making a compromise possible than IRC, Slack
or a Forum?

From a sociological point i would assume that people on the mailinglist
are by average 10 Years older than people on Slack or the Forum. Thats
just a matter of history of technology.

So in the end its not "Mailing lists" but age which make you believe
you have a culture of dissent?

Flo

PS: I will not participate in a Forum. It turns the responsibilities
for around. You suddenly have the obligation to POLL on threads.
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de