sent from a phone

> On 7. Sep 2019, at 09:28, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Per taginfo, building=yes is used 7500 times with leisure=pitch, and
> covered=yes is used 1017 times, so I suppose it's more common to match
> the pitch with the same outline as the building rather than using
> covered=yes and a separate building outline.
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/leisure=pitch#combinations

for German sports halls in schools, tagging a single covered pitch would not
usually be a nice representation, because these places are optimized for
versatility: you can do a lot of different sports, and you will usually find
several overlapping pitches (marked in different colors). There will also be
equipment for gymnastics (high bar, parallel bars, mattresses, ropes, ...) and
whatever is taught.

Cheers Martin