sent from a phone

On 7. Sep 2019, at 09:28, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Per taginfo, building=yes is used 7500 times with leisure=pitch, and
covered=yes is used 1017 times, so I suppose it's more common to match
the pitch with the same outline as the building rather than using
covered=yes and a separate building outline.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/leisure=pitch#combinations

for German sports halls in schools, tagging a single covered pitch would not
usually be a nice representation, because these places are optimized for
versatility: you can do a lot of different sports, and you will usually find
several overlapping pitches (marked in different colors). There will also be
equipment for gymnastics (high bar, parallel bars, mattresses, ropes, ...) and
whatever is taught.

I have been mapping overlapping sports pitches for a while now.
All from satellite imagery so outside.

The advantage of mapping them individually is that you can see for one
configuration if one tennis court is in use you cannot use the netball or
basketball courts as either tennis court over laps both of them, or the tennis
court only overlaps one of them leaving the other side free. Of course the
configuration is fixed by the line makings and equipment provisions.

I don't think there is a way of tagging many of the individual gymnastic
sports, most can be moved some as fixed.

Different line colours can be mapped as there are tags for it. The basketball
and netball wiki pages have the tag descriptions for the line marking, hoops
etc.

Some outside pitches have a roof over them for sun/rain, so I'd think that is
where the tag for covered=yes comes from.