Am Fr., 17. Apr. 2020 um 04:27 Uhr schrieb António Madeira via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org>:

> After communicating with lutz from Historic.Place, he told me they didn't
> create this heritage scheme, they just adopted it.
> I took the opportunity to present him my proposal of refining this scheme
> and I got his support to go ahead with it, so I'm presenting it here in
> order to make the necessary adjustments with a new proposal.
>
> heritage=* - This is the main tag, which uses the admin_level [not
> changed].

currently 147558 instances

> heritage:operator=xxx - This is the tag for the official operator. I
> propose using separators [;] in those cases where an heritage has an
> international and a national operator.

currently 122076 instances, of which around 150 already have semicolon
separated multivalues. There are not many multivalues, but I would see it
as the already standard method (based on values of other tags), and believe
it would be ok to add this to the wiki without further voting.

> heritage:ref:xxx=* - This tag is for the code/number reference of the
> operator(s) above. It changes the previous ref:xxx=*

there are already some heritage:ref tags (and subtags like heritage:ref:vie)
name 12188 heritage:ref, and 500+ heritage:ref:xxx
It would be more complicated to count "ref:xxx" combined with heritage.
I am more reluctant to welcome this idea. What would be the benefit?
Generally, standard tags (like "ref" and derived tags like ref:mhd) would
seem the usual way, no? We do not add highway:ref=* tags for example,
because the tags refer to the object they are put on. Prefixing them with
"heritage" would only invite people to mix up objects of different nature
into the same OSM object.

> heritage:xxx:criteria=* - This tag is for the classification criteria used
> by the xxx operator. It changes the previous xxx:criteria=*
> heritage:xxx:inscription_date=* - This tag is used for the date the
> heritage was officially registered by xxx operator. It changes the previous
> xxx:inscription_date=*

same comment as above for ref.

> heritage:xxx:designation_title=* - This tag is used for the heritage title
> (international or national). This is new and is an attempt to circumvent
> the use of protection_title=* which is wrong in this context.

why is protection title "wrong"?

> heritage:xxx:website=* - Used for the heritage official website
> (international or national).

same comment as above for ref. I would even suggest to use a plain
"website" rather than an xxx:website, as long as there is only one operator
(very common situation).
Current use is 15772 heritage:website and 11258 website, plus 949
heritage:website:sipa (looks like an import), 713 contact:website, 225
heritage:website:arqueologia and 39 heritage:operator:website (IMHO to
deprecate, we're not a general web directory)

In general, let's use standard tags as long as there aren't good reasons
for creating specific derivative tags.

Cheers
Martin