On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:20, bkil <bkil.hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't feel it's fair to overload Commons by shifting the costs of all of
> our street level imagery to them.

It would be unfair to Commons by treating them as an alternative to
Mapillary
or OpenStreetCam.  Also pretty much against their policy, as I read it.  But
images of POIs appear to be well within their policy.  Particularly if we
link to images others have already uploaded because they are of general
interest.

Yeah, it could impose a significant load on their servers.  But they appear
be happy with that, as long as it serves an educational or informational
purpose.

--
Paul