I would like to contribute to this discussion my, maybe subjective,
impression that we have an inflation of proposals. Many of them are
interesting, others look less so. In any case, personally I have de facto
stopped contributing to these proposals for simple lack of time.
I also would like to add that too much wiki "gardening" is going on below
the radar of most contributors.

My impression is that we are running the real risk that we are adding too
much tiny bits of information and are losing out on the core part our
project, i.e. data collection for making maps.

Adding continously many tiny bits of information means that we are losing
out on maintaining and improving our core data. We simply do not have the
manpower.

I am a near daily mapper, mostly regarding cycling related information, and
I am often surprised, how easy it is to encounter bad or
missing information in our data base.  I consider cycling-related data
particularly important, as it is a sector where OSM is leading over the
competition, as most cycling-related route-planning sites and most bicycle
navigation devices use OSM data.

Volker