Paul DuBois wrote:
> Well, now you're re-framing your question to get the answer you want.  Your
> original message asked a much more general question, which was whether
> anyone
> uses JSTL and finds it helpful.

Yes I am, sorry I don't mean to waste time, but, I loaded the question
so I could narrow it down on interesting parts. Overall it has helped
quite a bit, thanks to everyone's well-thought responses.

> You've been asking several questions here, and I'd like to ask some in
> return, since I've noticed that other people here other than myself are
> beginning to wonder the same thing:  What's your purpose in this
> discussion?
> Where are you going with it?  It *seems* that you've essentially made up
> your mind that MVC is terrific and are looking for ammunition against JSTL.
> Or are you trying to find where the border is between them in terms of
> application complexity that would justify switching from one to the other?

I'm trying to clarify the border between the two prominent and helpful
JSP design approaches. The motivation is a title I'm helping with for
JSP 2.0/Servlets 2.4. It is aimed more for building complex web apps via
MVC, hopefully that helps explain my behavior.

Jayson