I wish you and us all good luck with that waver endeavour.

On 15/03/19 15:55, Runarsson, Sigurjon wrote:

It is great to have joined the au list!

Warin is correct in that CC by 4.0 licence does not allow data to be added to OSM but as for our team we are going to be pushing for waver on datasets particular related to trip planning.  That would include the transit stops and gtfs data.

We will of course keep you informed on any developments.

Cheers,

Sigurjon

*From:*Warin [mailto:61sundow...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, 14 March 2019 5:56 PM
*To:* talk-au@openstreetmap.org
*Subject:* Re: [talk-au] Transport for NSW (TfNSW)

On 14/03/19 16:17, cleary wrote:

    As a supporter of OSM and a regular user of NSW public transport,
    I am pleased to see this development.

    I have a question in regard to use of TfNSW data in OSM. At the
    moment the list of data sources on the Contributors page in the
    OSM wiki does not include TfNSW data as an approved source.

(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#New_South_Wales_Government_data)

<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#New_South_Wales_Government_data>
    If you represent the owners of the data, I presume there is no
    copyright issue with any data you add to OSM.  I am interested in
    using NSW Transport data for (1) sourcing bus stop numbers and (2)
    identifying rural railway stations which continue to offer
    services as distinct from those that are now un-used.  I am unsure
    of the copyright restrictions on TfNSW data.  Is it possible for
    your branch to obtain/grant approval for OSM editors to use TfNSW
    data and have this information added to the Contributors page of
    the wiki?

Probably a different section. And the government may be in 'caretaker mode' so things are unlikely to occur between now and the end of the state election.

CC by 4.0 copyright does not let OSM use it... see https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/03/17/use-of-cc-by-data/

If OSM obtains a specific waver then it may be possible to do a bulk import of data into OSM using GTFS?

The GTFS stuff is preferable as it avoids human errors (though open to software errors) and can be updated very rapidly.

Anyway - welcome to the Au talking list 'hand of God'.