Hey stevea, was this warning on relations due to any particular remark in
this thread? ... I feel attacked! ;)  given I've used iD to edit relations
quite a bit: I don't usually edit them, but more just adding new ones.
Except for re-adding ways when they got deleted from a route, when
others changed them. I also wouldn't dream of touching the coastline. :)
I've always tried to be very careful to not break anything, but now I'm
concerned I've inadvertently done that. (Username is `neomanic` if you want
to critique my work.)

I realise this is a bit of a n00b question, but could you possibly provide
some pointers to the better _current_ documentation and resources on
understanding relations well and editing in JOSM? Now that OSM has been
around for a while, I find it overwhelming to sort through and figure out
what is current best practice, and so I've put off approaching learning
more with a structured approach.

Thanks.