The Surface Hydrology Lines covering all of Australia from GeoScience Aust is available for use in osm and has a perenniality column

On 26 May 2023, at 2:57 pm, Tom Brennan <webs...@ozultimate.com> wrote:

DCS Base and Topo don't distinguish between perennial and non-perennial

That information is available in the NSW Water Theme data eg:
https://portal.spatial.nsw.gov.au/portal/home/item.html?id=7b0e959effd749c788d304a4179abf8a

That data is licensed under CC BY 4, which I think we have permission to use. (I haven't used it, but if allowed, it would make sense rather than tracing individual lines).

Though I'd be a bit dubious about some of the things that are classified perennial vs non-perennial. It looks algorithmic, and not entirely internally consistent! Pretty sure I could write a better algorithm.

cheers
Tom
----
Canyoning? try http://ozultimate.com/canyoning