Dennis Bollyn wrote:
> Kristoff,
> I don't think a license that forbids commercial use of the data is
>  compatible with openstreetmap. Doing so would in my opinion be counter to
>  the spirit. Best regards,

Indeed, OSM data is CC-BY-SA, which allows distribution for any purpose,
including commercial. If you know beforehand it isn't allowed to distribute
the data you get for commercial purposes, it simply can't go into OSM. The
purpose of OSM is just to have data available without any usage restrictions
(ok, except from attribution and share alike).

And if there would come a switch to the open database license (not a lot of
news about that recently), that would still allow commercial usage of the
data.

Greetings
Ben