Ben,

The ESRI-files I received as been converted to points and ways and have
been uploaded directly to the OSM-server in that form.

But, concidering storing the original files in some central place, the
issue is that I have a spoken agreement with the person who provided
these files "for uploading them to the openstreetmap-project". I have
never spoken to him about giving these files to other people or
something like that.

That's exactly one of the reasons why I think some kinf of "written
agreement" would not be a bad thing. At least, it provides clearity on
who does what, what information is stored where, etc.

In the end, this is in the interest of everybody!

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

--
jabber/gtalk: krist...@krbonne.net