On Thursday 08 November 2012 23:38:18 Jan-willem De Bleser wrote:
> I have only one issue. The license says they retain all their IP
> rights, so is this compatible with the contributor terms of OSM? Or,
> are we maybe creating a derivative work when we map based on their
> data?

Every mapper keeps the IP rights over the data he contributed to OSM. But we
license our work (with the contributor terms) to the OSM project so they can
use our work. That's why they needed everyone's agreement when they moved to
ODbL.

If you really want you can always take your own contributed data and sell it
for example. You own it so you can do what you want with it.

Ben