Exactly that's what i was saying in one of my previous mails:
openstreetmap.fr already use drupal and we might be able to resuse some of
their stuff to announce events and projects. There was also some work on
integrating maps. Drupal can do any of these things, in any
format/layout/style and has multilingual support built-in.

Plus: I know drupal and I'm talking about getting a website up and running
in the next month. Maybe we can start with this and be pragmatic about this
solution and worry about what technology a bit later?

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Ben Abelshausen