On 2013-09-11 17:53, Ivo De Broeck wrote :
Hmm I only can say, that I have build a small website about "Kinderyoga Re-born in Duffel".

When I ask google "Kinderyoga Duffel", this are the results:

- first payed advertises (gray)
then Gouden gids
then the site Re-born

But you don't have to follow the rules of google ;-).

Google profiles you and, in the first hits, you receive pages supposed to meet your interests.
It's possible to become Google anonymous (to change your Google ID) but it's so long to explain and to do and it lasts so shortly before they relate the new ID to the former one that it has now become in vain. Eavesdropping is illegal but every single move Google does is towards that.  Their captcha system (1)?  Just a way to know you have visited the site.
And consumer defense seems to be blind.

When I was at work, I devised a translation table between ISO8859-1 (latin-1) (on the network) and the Macintosh character set (in Mac OS). I wanted Apple to participate but they alleged the San Francisco earthquake not to do it. It was a Macintosh "resource" file containing my name.  It was first used in Steve Dorner's Eudora (e-mail) and, via each and every Macintosh Internet software, it made its way towards Netscape 3 (yes, my name in it, you may sit down ;-)).
Good old days.

One day, I happened to make some simple query like "Pirard Macintosh" and I was surprised to find a Mac developer page regarding character sets and advertising my translation resource.  Then I had the stupid idea to repeat the same query after replacing Macintosh or Apple with Microsoft and, oops, popped up ... a porn page !!!
That's one of the reasons why I'm using Ubuntu/Debian/Linux ;-)
Google dared not profile people by those days.  They started in the News partially, then more and more, and as nobody complained they did it in Google search too, and on and on.  Wonder why the Web query is sent to Google first when you click a search result and look at that query and see if you understand the information that leaves your system.

Cheers,

André.

(1) Google's captcha shows two words: the captcha itself and another word using us as Optical Recognition machines.  I recommend not decoding the second word but translating it to French.  If we do all the same joke, they will end up with a funny OCR result.