On 2013-09-11 05:44, Marc Gemis wrote :
> Search for "rent a room in new york" and the top hit is airbnb.com
> <http://airbnb.com> . No "room", "rent" nor "NY" in the name. Content,
> metatag, links from other sites, url of pages etc. all play a role.
> Google only give hints on what their algorithm uses, all the rest are
> guesses.
I always skip the first few Google hits because they are most often ads
for sites that pay to be first.  Those are worse answers to a query than
the following ones.   According to what I saw, Google even passes the
query content to some remotely related but high pay sites which build up
pages supposed to exactly match your request.  When you're in the site,
you repeat the same search and you find nothing.  But while searching,
they tried to change your mind about your interest.
No, the domain name is nothing more that another word at best.
Speaking of guesses, I guess that the best attractor is simply invisible
text.

Cheers,

André.