2013/10/11 Kurt Roeckx <k...@roeckx.be>

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 04:03:04PM +0200, Pieter Colpaert wrote:
> > Can we have a vote (e.g. doodle?) for this? It's important that this
> > person can indeed represent OSM under a consensus.
>
> Isn't that something for the vzw/asbl to decide when it exists?  I
> would assume a member of the board to represent us, like the
> secretary or president.
>
> the idea is that the existing vzw/asbl that is OKFN open a new section
that will be OSM-Be

In such a way, we do not need to create a new, specific association, but
rather be part of a larger one that gets bigger, more representative of
open data and open culture in Belgium and also takes part of the overhead
(eg with accounting) in counterpart of asking a fair 5 % of our budget.

As a project of OKFN, we (the Osm-Be de facto existing «association») would
get one board member.

My understanding of Pieter's proposal is that  we (the active members of
this list) remain organized as we are, but would gain some official status.
We can create formal rules or go on as we peacefully did so far, without
more burden. I choose for simplicity and trust Ben as our official
representative inside OKFN.

For me, we can still have some other representatives, people who could
speak for the Osm-Be community of mappers (eg Julien when he meets the
firefighters), on a non official but very efficient way. Provided we work
nicely together as we did, nobody cares that we have many active
representatives.

Do you share such a view ?

I support Ben for being OSM-Be official representative at OKFN board. I
trust him completely for what I have seen of him. Furthermore, Ben lives in
Gent, which will ease the matters and allows easier physical meetings with
OKFN if needed

Regards,

Nicolas

--