On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 09:16:59PM +0200, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
> 2013/10/11 Kurt Roeckx <k...@roeckx.be>
>

> > So basicly there will be no OSM-be, only OKFN?
>
> that is the idea
>
> > We are already a de facto association,
>
> indeed
>
> > so nothing will change?
>
> as we will have also a formal association backing osm-be, with a legal
> status, a bank account, accoutant ... we will be able to receive money, be
> represented at official meetings, organize official activities, print
> stickers, have business cards ...

There really is nothing that stops you from doing that now.  A de
facto association can do things like opening a back account and
receive money, go to official meetings and so on.  I actually do
that as part of a de facto association, we get money from the
government and so on.  However, for legal reasons you usually
want to become a legal entity.  It might also make some things
easier.

> > Or will be somehow be able to represent OKFN-BE?
>
> this is another question to ask to okfn board members in cc.

When reading their statutes, either individuals or legal entities
can join them, so as a de facto association we can't join them.

There statutes would make it possible for them to delegate
specific tasks to individuals.

I'm really still of the opinion that we should create our
own legal entity.

Kurt