For the direction of the sign, it would be nice to be able to use a
'virtual' node, then JOSM could calculate the bearing automatically. Maybe
somebody should create a ticket so this becomes possible for all nodes
which have direction.

How is this solved when 2 signs are on the same pole? Or 3 (this happens
for those green signs for emergency gathering points, OK those aren't
traffic signs. It may also happen for roundabout signs on very small
roundabouts).

Jo