Those are what I meant with sub-signs that often require free text input.

But even that free text (next to the naming of the sign) can be horrible.
And not only in Belgium. Just take a look at this:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Conditional-access-bicycle-and-delivery.jpg

When you read the sign, it's unclear under which exception a pizza delivery
boy falls under: either the delivery restrictions or the snor- and
bromfiets restrictions. I don't expect pizza delivery boys to really obey
any signs, but these ambiguous cases happen rather often, certainly for
less common modes of transport.