My preference is to split roundabouts, because this gives a very clean
result in where the buses drive exactly.

For bicycle routes this means forward/backward split sections, For hiking
routes I use the shortest path between the connecting ways.

The code for the tester will have to be adapted, Send them reports about
their false positive results.

I also split squares and marketplaces when routes have to go around (maybe
we need linear ways for the traffic and an additional area to show the
extent of the market place), or add a 'virtual' service way for the traffic
that would go across. Like Grote Markt in Leuven.

Jo