On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 5:04 PM, joost schouppe
<joost.schou...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Please help me with the cleanup of the area around Reet. I honestly
>> cannot remap all landuse=farm there based on imagery, although I know
>> the area more or less. :-)
>

> I'll have a look :)
> What would you prefer for "unsure from imagery"? Just nothing, or a polygon
> tagged fixme? Or something else?

Teach me how I can determine the right tags from imagery. During my
lunch break today I was working on the area south of the Pierstraat
and north of Voetweg 32 http://osm.org/go/0EpHov3c-- and further to
the east/north east.
I wonder which tags others would use for the areas covered with grass.
Are there people that are immediately convinced that those areas are
meadows ? Or are you in doubt, perhaps just grass, or even
recreational areas (west of the soccer field) ?

I am mostly interested how other people decide the right
landuse/landcover/natural tag.
Even with pictures from surveys I wonder which tags I should use. What
for areas that are clearly meant for keeping horses, or wet meadows.
There are so many tags to chose from.

A recent problem I had was to tag
https://xian.smugmug.com/OSM/OSM-2016/2016-11-20-Vremde/i-L3kGV6K  Is
this really a meadow ? Can have a meadow so many trees ? Or is it an
orchard (I don't know a lot about trees), with a lot of grass ?

I would be nice to have an easy way to ask for the proper landuse tags
by posting pictures.

m.