Thanks J.P.

If at some point there is a more clear boundary maybe someone could update the wiki https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_Brunswick to give the rest of us more clear guidance.

On 2017-10-03 12:16 AM, J.P. Kirby wrote:
On 2017-10-03, at 12:33 AM, Matthew Darwin <matt...@mdarwin.ca> wrote:

Hi J.P.

This sounds reasonable.  Do we have a map that shows which areas of the
province are French area vs English area.  For us non-NBers.   Or I suppose one
could guess by looking at the existing tags there.  (I would assume Fredericton
is English area?)  If we have a list then could update the NB wiki page.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_Brunswick
The general rule is that southern and western NB is English, northern and
eastern is French; but there are exceptions, and a couple places like Bathurst
and Campbellton are 50/50.

But yes, you can almost always tell from the tags and the street names themselves (e.g. "St.
Mary's" vs "Sainte-Marie").

JPK