Yes, I plan to do some systematic review of the admin_level tags comparing them to addr:city / addr:suburb.   This way the community can have a data-based discussion on if addr:city etc tags are needed, or the bounaries are good enough or whatever. But first step, we need some analysis.

However, I don't have enough spare compute to run all those calculations at a canada level.  (My plan is to load a subset of canada.osm into postgis and run queries against it.)  Does anyone have spare compute they can loan to this project?  Or alternate plan that needs less compute.   Using QA tiles might be nice, but QA tiles doesn't include relations.

On 2018-02-19 12:40 AM, OSM Volunteer stevea wrote:
It's good to see that admin_level tags (always 8?  they might be 7 if township, that's a
chunky topic...) are there.  What I mean by "cutting room floor recycling"
includes this thought:  it couldn't hurt to update/touch-up/fix these after a cursory
examination that's they are thumbs-up/thumbs-down, need a touch-up.

SteveA