Hi Matthew:

You do fine work here, yet I have a concern about "Township."  I don't know if
in Canada, a Township is a bit of an "odd duck" like it is in the USA.  In the
USA, we have county as admin_level=6, township as admin_level=7 (in about
one-third of states) and city/town/village as admin_level=8.  The reason for 7
has to do with the way that a county might assign "home rule" responsibilities,
which flow from the state extending its political administration to the
counties, then a county might push this through to a "township," a crucial
component being that township jurisdictions can often (but do not always) cover
the ENTIRE county, rather than a portion of it, like a city does.  It's a
little complicated, it varies from state to state, in our Midwest Region it
often has to do with the way that state surveys were done (not the same in our
New England Region) and OSM doesn't always align with the US Census Bureau's
methodologies and/or results, (but does most of the time, there are good
reasons for why OSM has reached the consensus we have in those exceptional
cases, and we document these in our wikis).

If Canada (its provinces, actually, I believe) has this same or a similar
concept of "township," (you might, you might not), then admin_level=7 might be
correct on Canadian "Township of..." boundaries.  If not, I'm blowing a lot of
smoke into the equation and I'll thank you for reading and apologize for
wasting time on this thread.

Yes, they are USA-specific, but we have
https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/United_States_admin_level (prescriptive,
comprehensive) and
https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_States/Boundaries (descriptive,
rather more user-friendly/novice-oriented).  You might check these out
(especially
https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_States/Boundaries#Civil_townships)
if Canada has "townships" as "potentially completely subdivided county
entities" and see how we do it here (basically, they are admin_level=7).

Looking at the Canada row in
https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative and
https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada#Administrative_Boundaries I don't
see this, I see that "Townships" are agglomerated together with "cities,
villages, etc."  If that's correct, again, all of this I'm spouting about
"Township" can be ignored, as it is effectively another word to describe an
admin_level=8 entity and you seem to be fine leaving things that way.

Regards,
SteveA