On 2 Jun 2010, at 11:13, Andy Allan wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Roy Jamison
> <xtee...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> then these could probably just be ignored instead of having
>> millions of not:* tags for all the possible permutations that
>> *could* be
>> entered incorrectly by an end user.

snip

> Anyway, the whole discussion is detracting from getting on with stuff.
> For example, we have 98% of street names missing in Oswestry. 98%!!
> Half the regions in Peter's CSV have less than half the streets named.
> Let's focus our discussions on fixing the map rather than discussing
> the rare edge cases.

Totally agree.

If anyone want to get a quick win, then how about 'doing' the Scilly
Isles.

There are a total of 57 streets in OS Locator and there are only 37 in
OSM. Looks like one hours work and we could have our first 'perfect'
administrative area. Possibly a quick email would be needed to the
authority to sort out an final uncertainties.

Regards,

Peter