Thanks for getting the OS Locator tiles updating again.  Could I make a feature
request?

Often when OS and OSM disagree I will tag this in the OSM database with a note
such as

    FIXME=Check name - OSM has Marefield Gardens, OS has Maresfield Gardens

Usually I will also delete the name= tag, so that the street shows up in noname
checks to be resurveyed (and because the correct name is unknown).

It would be useful for these already-looked-at cases to be excluded from the
Locator check, since they are being flagged separately by noname checks.  I know
this was briefly discussed earlier on the list.

We could spend all month discussing a suitably elaborate tagging scheme of
fixme:name:OS_OpenData_Locator:resurvey=yes;osm_value=x;os_value=y.  However,
I propose not inventing any new tagging for this.  Rather, look to see if the
OS name is mentioned as a substring in one of the tag values.  That would show
that somebody at least is aware of it, and would catch various tagging schemes
including the FIXME one I've been using.

So, if the street has no name= tag, but does have some tag mentioning the OS
street name, then consider it matched against OS for the purposes of the Locator
comparison tiles.  Would other people also find this useful?

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>