Robert wrote:

> My reading of clause 2
> is that it requires your contributions to be able to be
distributed
> under any "free and open" license. Some have disputed this view,
> claiming that the intent of the CTs is only that you must warrant
that
> your data is compatible with the current licenses.

I think you're overly concerned about clause 2 when 1a and 1b of the
CTs[1] seem fairly clear, in particular:

1a) If you contribute Contents, You are indicating that, as far as
You know, You have the right to authorize OSMF to use and distribute
those Contents under our current licence terms

And if the OSM licence ever changes again and the data is then
deemed incompatible then the OSMF can delete it (the rest of 1a and
1b).

Andy Allan also provided a good argued answer to a similar question
to yours on http://help.openstreetmap.org [2] in case you haven't
seen it.

Ed

[1] http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms
[2]
http://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/5792/can-i-accept-the-new-co
ntributor-terms-if-ive-contributed-data-from-ordnance-survey-opendat