Hello,

As a foreigner and someone arriving to a place where people are using both
languages (my experience is living for almost 2 years in Aberystwyth, North
Wales) I'm still thinking you should use both names for "name" tag as you
can see on official maps (not only OS maps) or signs. I'm thinking in
street names not in place names, where you could have more idea if Welsh or
English name is common.

Sorry to insist but you will undermine, especially, Welsh names, for a
generic rendering that uses "name" tags. Think about that.

Of course, for me, it's a must to fill "name:cy" and "name:en" too.

Moreover, there is nothing except an aesthetic problem, to use the "mix"
approach for "name". What's the point to not use same approach used in
other multilingual places of the World?

May be we could discuss that in the generic/global Talk mail list to know
other opinions.

Cheers

Miguel

--