Hi

On 08/08/2018 09:54, Lester Caine wrote:
we are now in a situation where much accurately mapped material is simply dumped when there is a change to the current situation.
1. it's not dumped, it's still in the database as a historic version.
2. Changes almost always increase the accuracy & detail of the database.

The 'delete' process should be handled in a manor more sensitive to the hard work that has gone before!

the vast majority of the material making up the historic data such as boundaries IS the same as the current 'live' data.

I'm unsure that's true, but if it were, why duplicate?

Cheers
DaveF.