Hi,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Metcalf, Calvin (DOT)
> <calvin.metc...@state.ma.us> wrote:
>> The nice thing about ruby is that it's pretty easy to read with out actually
>> knowing much about ruby and the script that was linked to (attached) seems
>> to be what's on that page meaning it looks to be just poorly phrased
>
> Thanks. There's several versions of the script in the directory, just
> assuming the latest version was used does not seem to be a safe
> assumption. I'm looking at the tiger:source tags in a random area in
> Utah which points to version 0.6 being used to import there. The
> mapping files are the same in 0.6 and 0.7 script versions, but did
> change from 0.1 to 0.2. The wiki seems to describe the 0.1 mapping in
> which separated: instead of tiger:separated was used. I'm analysing
> the tiger:source tags nationwide now, but it does not seem that the
> 0.1 script (and thus that version of the mapping file) were actually
> used in the final import. I'm hoping Dave can shed some light on this
> so we can finally have that page reflect what was actually done.

To follow up: tagInfo shows[1] that most of the import was done using
the 0.6 script, with 0.7 as a distant second. I have not figured out
what the differences between the 0.6 and the 0.7 version are, but like
I said, the mapping files did not change after 0.1 where separated=*
was replaced with tiger:separated=*.

[1] http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/tiger%3Asource#values
--
martijn van exel