On 02/22/2012 10:05 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:

>>> This seems to have been taken from
>>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TIGER_to_OSM_Attribute_Map
>>> What annoys me about that page (a lot, actually) is that there is no
>>> clarity as to whether this is the *actual* mapping used. The page
>>> states:
>>
>> It wasn't taken from there.  It was taken directly from the ruby scripts
>> on the system that I actually used to do the TIGER .osm conversion.
>>
>> FWIW, I don't think I changed that mapping much during the conversion
>> process, if at all.
>
> The only change I noticed was from using the separated=* tag (in 0.1)
> to tiger:separated=* (in 0.2 an above).
> The wiki page seems to describe the 0.1 version (using separated=*).
> Did you use 0.1 for part of the import?

No, not that I remember.  I went through a couple of versions where I
ran a few counties through then posted them to the mailing lists for
review.  I don't think any actual data was imported (by me at least)
from the early versions, although I do think I made a county or two in
Oregon and Illinois my guinea pig counties.